Pending Improvement Possibilities 1/20/16
Brighter colors / hopeful cheerful images
check banner auto resizing issue
Responsive Format for smaller devices
Banner pictures keep changing size making page jump
Banner changes too fast
Banner needs to pause
Remove left navigation column to provide more room
Larger Font? (unlikely to change)
Change Italics? (unlikely to change)
- Different seasons for the tree on the front page (possibly)
1. Simplified comments
2. delineation between user messages (color)
3. Possibly move video URL to the bottom of page or at least below subject
4. Replies not showing up under the right comments
5. Content should be sorted newest first
6. A way to see who voted up and down? (don’t think this is wise)
- Consider removing the Up-Down voting system. (have an inter site poll about it)
- Separate police category for abuses maybe Justice and Injustice
- hide comment box and have it only appear when needed
- Sarcasm tag or <bs> tag if available
make messages "newest first"
Video embed size
A separate link to past polls
- Favorite External site Links
+/- on the right hand side (not available)
- Category based sorting
- Unread messages
- Mark all read button
Recent Posts in sidebar
Top posts in sidebar
Names in the Recent Comments list
Most recent content should be first on sidebar
- Linked pages for picture catagories on front page
- FAQ section on embedding video, audio, and images. And other recommendations
E.User profile Page
- Better User Profile
- To be able to see my posts, comments, and replies
- see a post count for the users on this site
- connect Twitter and Facebook people to this site
- Sensitive Post or Alert area on front page
- Look into RSS feed
- look into live liberty Twitter feed
# of guests
List of new users
Proper 404 pageVi
"Key word research" error
Pager at the bottom of the front page to see older posts
A home button near the bottom of the pages
keep hyperlinks from causing the user to leave your page
- site loading slow? New faster server
- Update doesn’t bump
All crossed off lines have been implemented unless noted. Any lines that are bolded are still being considered or still in the list of future changes.
Future Plans: Immediate future plans involve configuring user pages to be more useful in finding past comments and replies. And, also to start building pages for the picture links on the front page.
- Ideally we want a Library area where users can submit their favorite books in categories both free and links to suggested reading.
- Also, the Video/Film area will be a grid of organized media embeds according to category.
- Liberty Leaders area is a designated area for writings, articles, and speeches by various leaders in liberty organized by date/leader
- history documented is links to original documents, letters, and historical writings important to the founding of this country and the ideals of liberty for reference.
- I wanted to get a candidate comparison up with to show how candidates measure up on issues important to the liberty movement and the constitution.
- In Hearth and Harvest I wanted static pages organized in pages where users can post their knowledge, experience, and advice having to do with survival, home, garden, hydroponics etc. these static pages would be there for easy reference and wouldn't get lost in the day to day news cycle.
- Finally, I want an place for original A Call to Paul user articles for those who like to create well argued points, philosophical ideas, or current news analysis but don't want the discussion quickly buried in the quick fire of the news day.
In case you haven't noticed we recently added a "back to the top" button to quickly move you to the top of the page without scrolling. And I've fixed the YouTube/Vimeo video embed field. So now you can go back to pasting the URL of the YouTube video in that field to post a video. All other videos still have to be embedded using the source code and the green film strip icon above.
And finally, I've configured a donate page for those of you who are able to donate to A Call to Paul and our efforts toward building a strong and growing community here. I truly believe that all of us together are building something great here that will attract more and more people to the liberty movement.
If you have new suggestions that you would like to submit, please feel free to add them. And if there are any questions, I'll field them as best I can.
Well, that;s it for now...I think I remembered everything.
You guys are amazing people!